Robot Air Hockey Challenge
- [2023-09-12] The one-page reports of the qualified teams are now available here.
- [2023-08-10] The Qualifying Stage will end on 11th August. The tournament stage will open on 14th Aug.
- [2023-07-13] The Q&A session will be organized on July 20. 5:00-6:30 pm CET. Click to Join the Zoom Meeting!
- [2023-07-13] A short video demo of the best-performing teams is now available here.
- [2023-06-04] The Robot Air Hockey Challenge is now part of the NeuRIPS Competition Track!
The main part of the challenge consists of three simulated stages: Warm Up, Qualifying, and Tournament. Each stage consists of different tasks required for robot air hockey. Besides preparing your agents for executing the desired movements in the environments that are provided to you, they should also be robust and capable of adapting to changes. Except for the warm-up stage, we will evaluate your submissions in modified simulation environments to mimic the sim-to-real gap. Finally, the first three teams will be able to deploy their approach on the real robot.
In this challenge, the only requirement is that your solutions have some learning algorithm for one or more components of your agent. The agents should thereby adapt their behavior through interactions with the modified evaluation environments.
At the end of the qualifying and tournament phases, teams are required to submit a two-page report of the approach, which is open to the public.
More information can be found in the Challenge Details.
Warm-Up Stage 20. Feb. - 04. Jun.
Qualifying Stage 05. Jun. - 11. Aug.
Tournament Preparation 14. Aug. - 06. Oct.
First-round Competition 07. Oct. - 12. Oct.
Adjustment Phase 13. Oct. - 27. Oct.
Second-round competition 28. Oct. - 01. Nov.
Real-World Experiment TBD
All deadlines are AoE.
Gold 3000 Euro
Silver 2000 Euro
Bronze 1000 Euro
Warm Up - 3DoF Planar Robot
Qualifying Stage - KUKA iiwa14 Robot